June 27–30, 2017
IAME Conference 2017 – Kyoto
Celebrating 25th Anniversary of IAME
Conference theme: Maritime transport quality in the evolving world trade
Annual conference of the International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME)
June 27–30, 2017
The International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME) was established in 1992 and has now become the most prominent academic society of scholars with an interest in maritime economics, which includes ports, shipping and hinterland transport. IAME members come from a variety of research backgrounds, primarily economics and management, but also from logistics, finance, engineering, sociology etc.
The main event of the Association is its Annual Conference, which is held in various places and brings together researchers and professionals from all over the world. The IAME Annual Conference is an opportunity for the world scientific community to meet and discuss current research topics and contribute to the development of maritime economics and management as a well-established academic discipline.
It is also notable that we shall celebrate the 25th anniversary of the establishment of the association in 2017.
It is with great pleasure that the organiser of IAME 2017 will welcome the members of the IAME to Kyoto in June 2017. The conference will take place in Japan for the first time. It will be organised by Graduate School of Management, Kyoto University with a strong interest in management and economics. The members of the Organising Committee are determined to offer an ideal environment for the success of the conference in the commemorative year of IAME establishment, as well as to give the participants superb opportunities for a stroll in the old capital of Japan.
We look forward to seeing you in Kyoto.
- 25 June 2017
- Conference program (final version June 25) is available on the website.
- 14 June 2017
- Conference program (print version) is available on the website.
- 8 June 2017
- Tentative Program is updated through communicating with prospective presenters and available on the website.
- 1 June 2017
- Tentative program (PDF file) is available on the website.
- 31 May 2017
- Registration deadline for presenters is extended to 2400 (GMT) on the 7th, June, 2017, to confirm their appearance in the program.
- 24 March 2017
- Registration is now available.
- 10 February 2017
- Kyoto & Conference venue and registration pages are now available.
- 25 January 2017
- Full paper submission deadline is extended to 2400 (GMT) on the 10th, February, 2017.
- 23 January 2017
- International Scientific Steering Committee member's list is now available.
- 5 December 2016
- Abstract submission for full review track was closed.
- 30 september 2016
- Established the website of the Conference.
Graduate School of Management, Kyoto University